LivingHope is a Bible-believing, Spirit-empowered & mission-focused community.
We're happy you're here!
Looking to get started on your path to knowing Jesus?
Here are some places to begin:
Get a Bible, download the YouVersion Bible app, Daily Devotionals, and more.
WHAT IS THE BIBLE?
The Bible is God’s story about his plan to redeem a fallen world and humanity’s sinful nature through the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. We know this good news as “The Gospel.” This story was written over a period of 1500 years in three languages (ancient Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic) on three continents by at least 40 authors and contains 66 books.
We believe the Bible to be divinely inspired and our all-sufficient rule for faith and practice.
CAN I TRUST THE BIBLE?
2 Timothy 3:16 (NKJV) “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,.”
While there are a lot of great resources to help answer this question, we recommended starting with this brief article.
HOW DO I BECOME A CHRISTIAN?
1. God’s Plan - Peace and Life
- God loves you and wants you to experience His peace and life.
- The BIBLE says: “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16).
2. Our Problem - Separation
- Being at peace with God is not automatic, because by nature you are separated from God.
- The BIBLE says: “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).
3. God's Remedy - The Cross
- God’s love bridges the gap of separation between God and you.
- When Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose from the grave, He paid the penalty for your sins.
- The BIBLE says: “He personally carried the load of our sins in his own body when he died on the cross” (1 Peter 2:24, TLB).
4. Our Response - Receive Christ
- You cross the bridge into God’s family when you receive Christ by personal invitation.
- The BIBLE says “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name” (John 1:12).
To receive Christ you need to do four things:
1. ADMIT your spiritual need. “I am a sinner.”
2. REPENT and be willing to turn from your sin.
3. BELIEVE that Jesus Christ died for you on the cross.
4. RECEIVE, through prayer, Jesus Christ into your heart and life.
- CHRIST says, “Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in” (Revelation 3:20).
- The BIBLE says, “Whoever calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved” (Romans 10:13).
WHAT DO I PRAY?
"Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I have a fallen nature and am a sinner who needs Your forgiveness. I believe that You died to make me a new creation in You and pay the penalty for my sins. I want to turn from my sins. I repent and ask for your forgiveness and redemption. I now invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as Lord and Savior. In Jesus’ name, Amen. "(source)
LIVINGHOPE'S Starting Point
If you'd like help understanding what Salvation means and knowing how to read your Bible, pray, and draw closer to God then we encourage you to participate in our four-week Starting Point class.